Section 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below, we inform you about the collection of personal data during the use of our Website. Personal data is all data that can be related to your person, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, and user behavior.
(2) For information on the "controller" as per Art. 4 Para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), see the site notice. You can contact our data protection officer by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to our postal address marked for the attention of the data protection officer.
(3) When you make contact with us by e-mail or using a contact form, the data that you share with us (e.g. your company, first and last names, address, e-mail address, phone number, and inquiry reason) are saved so that we can answer your question. Once this data no longer needs to be saved, we delete it or, if we are legally obliged to retain it, we restrict its usage.
(4) In the case that we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offering or if we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the relevant processes. We also specify the defined criteria for the duration of saving of your data.
(5) Special functions of our Internet site
Form for subscribing to our newsletter
Scope of processing of personal data: The data you enter when subscribing to our newsletter is processed by us.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data: Art. 6 Para. 1 a GDPR ("the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes").
Purpose of data processing
The data collected on the subscription form for our newsletter is used by us only in order to send our newsletter, which we use to inform subscribers about our services and new features. Once you have subscribed, we'll send you a confirmation e-mail containing a link that you have to click to finalize your subscription to our newsletter (double opt-in).
Duration of saving
You can cancel your subscription to our newsletter at any time by clicking the relevant link, which is included in every newsletter. Your data will be deleted as soon as you cancel your subscription. Further, if you do not finalize your subscription to our newsletter, your data will be deleted without delay. We reserve the right to delete your data without giving reasons and without giving you prior notice or informing you after the fact.
Right to object and right to rectification
Your options for objecting to the processing of your personal data and having your personal data corrected are based on the general regulations about the right to object and the right to have personal data deleted as provided for in data protection law and as described in this data protection declaration.
Section 2 Your rights
(1) We are obliged to uphold the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
(2) You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data.
Section 3 Collection of personal data during visits to our Website
(1) If you use our Website to view information only (so if you do not register or transmit information to us in another way), we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. When you view our Website, we collect the following data, which is required for technical reasons in order for you to display our Website and for us to ensure its stability and security (legal basis for processing as per Art. 6 Para 1 Clause 1 f of the GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the inquiry
- Time zone difference in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content (specific page) visited
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data set transferred
- Website from which our site was called
- Operating system and interface
- Language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are saved on your computer when you use our Website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on the hard drive associated with the browser you are using. The entity that sets a cookie (in this case, us) can use it to receive certain information. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make our Internet site more user-friendly and efficient.
a) This Website uses the following types of cookie. We explain their scope and how they work below.
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. In particular, these include session cookies. These save a session ID which can be used to associate various requests made by your browser with a single session. This allows us to recognize your computer if you return to our Website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a prescribed period of time that can differ depending on the cookie. You can also delete cookies whenever you want in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings to suit your requirements, e.g. by declining to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. However, please note that as a result you might not be able to use all of the functions of this Website.
f) The used flash cookies are recorded by your flash plug-in, not by your browser. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your end device. These objects save the required data regardless of the browser you use. They have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want flash cookies to be processed, you must install an add-on such as Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML storage objects by using your browser in a private session. We also recommend that you manually delete your cookies and browser history on a regular basis.
Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We use YouTube videos on our Website. These are saved at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our Website. As a rule, these videos are embedded in enhanced data protection mode, which means that no data about you as the user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not watch the videos. The data mentioned in Clause 2 below is transmitted only if you watch a video. We do not have any influence on the transmission of this data.
(2) When you play a video, YouTube receives information recording the fact that you called the page in question on our Website. In addition, the data mentioned in Section 3 of this declaration is transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account via which you are logged on. If you are logged into Google, your data is directly associated with your account. If you do not wish your data to be associated with your YouTube profile, you must log out before choosing the relevant button. YouTube saves your data as a usage profile and uses it for purposes such as advertising, market research, and/or the demand-based design of its Website. In particular, an evaluation of this kind takes place (even for users who are not logged on) in order to enable targeted advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our Website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile. If you wish to exercise this right, you must contact YouTube.
(3) For more information about the purpose and extent of data collection and its processing by YouTube, see the relevant data protection declaration. You will also find more information about your rights and the settings you can make to protect your privacy there: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has committed to the EU-EU Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This Website uses Google Analytics, a Web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies": Text files placed on your computer to enable the analysis of your usage of the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the United States and is stored there. If IP anonymization is activated on this Website, however, Google will shorten your IP address within the EU member state or in the other signatory countries of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this Website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the Website, compile reports on Website activities, and provide further services to the operator of the Website relating to Website and Internet usage.
(2) The IP address transmitted from your browser for Google Analytics will not be associated with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent the saving of cookies by making a setting in your browser software; however, please note that in this case, you might not be able to use all of the functions of this Website without restriction. You can also prevent the capture of the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie about your use of our Website by Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
(4) This Website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". As a result, IP addresses are processed in a shortened form that prevents them being associated with your person. Insofar as the data collected about you could be associated with your person, any such reference is immediately excluded and the personal data is thus deleted without delay.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our Website and to regularly improve our Internet offering. The statistics we collect can be used to improve our Website and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases when personal data is transmitted to the United States, Google has committed to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 f of the GDPR.
(6) Information about the third-party supplier: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/; data protection overview: https://safety.google/security-privacy/; data protection declaration: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US.
(7) This Website also uses Google Analytics for the cross-device analysis of user visits using user IDs. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your Website usage in your customer account at "My Data" -> "Personal Data".